Monday, September 20, 2010

Milestones MILESTONES!

So Isaiah is not yet 6 months old, but he is already a mover and a shaker!! Here is what he's up to these days. Isaiah sleeps through the night, (although he considers 6:30am an appropriate time to wake up in the morning). He is crawling, he started just about at 5 months. He LOVES to crawl towards powercords. So our laptop is often dead seeing as that is his favorite cord to pull. He is starting to teethe, so he loves to nibble on adult fingers, but he HURTS when he bites down. He also loves to nibble on powercords....so we're in trouble all around really.
He is has also been using his walker. This has LITERALLY been a lifesaver. He started getting really tired of the swing after he figured out that he could move around. So at a consignment sale a few weeks ago, I picked up a walker for him, and OMG its awesome!!! He loves it! He sits in it for anywhere from 30-60 minutes perfectly content!! Since he has a walker now, and will obviously start moving around, I had to get him his first pair of shoes. SOO CUTE! Unfortunately he has very wide and fat feet. So his shoes don't fit perfectly, but they do protect his baby toesies when we are outside. And that's all that matters.
Speaking of moving around, I really have to babyproof our house! We haven't really done any preemptive baby proofing, we're doing it on the fly. Which is probably not the best way to do it, but hey. For example this morning. Isaiah was hanging out on our bed while we were getting dressed. I had to leave the room so I put him on the floor of out room. I turn around for one minute and I turn back to find Isaiah on the floor, with a metal hanger, which is precariously close to an EXPOSED OUTLET!! So I immediately found one of the snazzy outlet cover things, and plugged up the exposed outlet. Man on man are we in trouble!

We also rode the swing set for the first time. Isaiah enjoyed the first 5 minutes or so, but then he didn't really know what to do with himself, so he started crying. When in doubt, cry I guess is their motto as children. LOL.

Another milestone, although this is a Mommy milestone is that I finally have a car! I won't say I own it, its more like I owe someone money on a car, but hey, you get the point. It's really exciting, because with the car, Isaiah and I have a lot more freedom. We can go to playdates, the supermarket, anywhere we have to without having to inconvenience Tyler, my Mom, or ourselves. It's very exciting! So now that we have a "baby car" we will have many more adventures! I will also try to post pictures from those here.

No comments: