Monday, March 22, 2010

Due...and then some


So it's here....and gone, my due date that is. I was due yesterday, March 21, 2010, needless to say, I did not give birth yesterday, (and yes, a guaranteed way to piss off a pregnant woman, other than telling her she's not "too big", is to ask her if she's still pregnant). The fact that Isaiah is late is not surprising, and yet it is still frustrating and disappointing.

For the past few weeks, I have been hoping that Isaiah would arrive before....before his due date, before Tyler had to go to Philadelphia, before Tyler had to go back to work, before I had to come back to NY. Tyler and I pretty much pushed the limit on my being in Philadelphia, opting for me to spend my last week (39th week) in Philadelphia, and coming back to NY with my mom, Friday, 2 days before I was due. At this point, although it's excruciatingly painful for Tyler and I to be apart during this time, it doesn't make sense for me to be in Philadelphia when I could go into labor at literally any moment. So essentially, we are spending the last few days (hopefully only days, not weeks) before I deliver apart. This is FAR from ideal, and I have been dreading it since we realized it was going to happen this way.

I have to keep reminding myself though, that all in all, if that is the worst that happens, that I am blessed. I have been EXTREMELY blessed throughout this entire pregnancy. I have been around LOTS of preggo people in the past year - family, friends and co-workers, and many have had awful experiences that run the spectrum - extreme morning sickness, being unable to make it through a work day without fainting or almost fainting, pre-term labor and bleeding, miscarriage, and the death of a child. I have experienced none of this, thank God, and for that I am extremely grateful, and I recognize how blessed that is. The worst that has happened to me is an abdominal muscle tear that plagued me for about 2 months, and interrupted my sleep, and going past my due date. That isn't even a drop in the bucket of how bad things could have gone.
So as I wait to go into labor (come out baby! come out!!!) even though I'm sad, and frustrated and anxious from waiting, I continue to Praise God for my health, for Isaiah's health, and ask for continued showers of blessings of safety and comfort...oh and that I will go in to labor in the middle of the night, so that Tyler can drive up from Philadelphia and not miss the birth because of traffic.

No comments: